Year 1 recently went on an excursion to Minnamurra Rainforest as part of their Geography Unit about the features of places. Our eager students had a fun day exploring this beautiful natural environment.
After an exciting ride travelling to Minnamurra by bus, the students went into the ‘secret classroom’ where they learnt wonderful things about the rainforest.
There were fun activities where students used leaves and branches to make their own rainforest. Finally, students went on a bush walk before lunch.
There were many highlights of the day. Here are a few of the students’ favourite things:
- Oliver enjoyed the secret classroom because the tour guide told funny stories.
- Will spotted two lyrebirds which was very exciting!
- Sophie and Elise liked jumping on the wobbly bridge.
- Cooper K enjoyed the bush walk where students quietly laid down and listened for the sounds of the rainforest.
- Dalton thought making gardens was great.
- Georgia enjoyed learning about lyrebirds.
- Aiden liked the “steep path” during the walk.
- Bethany enjoyed the walk and spotting the smiley face on the rocks.
Year 1 Teacher Mrs O’Neill said it was a wonderful day, a day that was enjoyed by everyone.