Cedars Christian College offers Outside School Hours Care (OSHC) and Vacation Care programs to students currently enrolled at the College. This service is designed to cater for differences in age, skill, interest and ability level which meet the requirements of the National Quality Standard.
Children engage with a range of planned and spontaneous activities including homework during OSHC, games, sport and outdoor fun that provide opportunities to play, explore and create. Children in Vacation Care will also have opportunities to participate in other activities such as cooking, art & craft and occasional excursions.
- Before School Care services are held in the ELC. Children will be walked to playground duty teacher at 8.30am.
- After School Care services are held at Cedars Christian College, mainly in J6 and J7. At times, After School Care may also utilise the basketball court, oval, Library or CLC Hall.
Hours of Operation
- Before School Care: 7:30am to 8:30am during school terms.
- After School Care: 3pm to 6pm during school terms.
- Vacation Care: 7:30am to 6pm during Cedars school holidays.
- OSHC Permanent Bookings: A permanent booking is for a fixed pattern of attendance each week and is repeated throughout the Term.
- After School Care Casual Bookings: Casual bookings for After School Care incur extra charges and are only available depending on enrolment numbers and cannot be guaranteed.
- Vacation Care Bookings: Typically, Vacation Care must be booked one week in advance to ensure that the service can maintain the necessary staffing levels to ensure the children’s safety and care.
Signing in and out
- Before School Care: Children are to be signed in at the ELC and will be walked to the playground duty teacher at 8:30am.
- After School Care: Children are to wait at the OSHC pick-up area to be picked up by a staff member who will sign children into the program. To ensure the children’s safety and meet regulatory requirements, families will sign children out on collection from OSHC.
- Vacation Care: Children must be signed in on arrival (in J6/J7) and signed out on departure each day.
Cancellations and Change of Days
- OSHC Permanent Bookings and Vacation Care Bookings: Cancellations and changes to permanent OSHC bookings or Vacation Care bookings require one week notice and can be made by completing the ‘OSHC Change of Days and Cancellation Form’. Unattended days with less than one week’s notice will be charged at full fee and are not refundable or transferable.
- Before School Care Casual Bookings: Notification of casual day cancellations require one day notice via email: firstname.lastname@example.org or text to 0435 653 928.
- After School Care Casual Bookings: Notification of casual day cancellations need to occur by 10am on the day of booking via email: email@example.com or text to 0435 653 928.
- Before School Care: All children are provided with breakfast between 7:30am and 8:00am only.
- After School Care: All children are provided with nutritional food for afternoon tea each day, with a selection of fruits, cheese, savoury biscuits and yoghurt (selection may vary).
- Vacation Care: All children must bring their own lunch from home but will be provided with nutritional food for morning tea and afternoon tea each day.
Fees (effective from 2020)
- OSHC and Vacation Care bookings are additional charges and are not covered by your school fees Direct Debit Agreement and should be paid separately through a Direct Debit Arrangement via Childcare Easy Pay (SmartFees). A link will be provided on enrolment.
- Fees will be invoiced fortnightly via an email from SmartFees.
- Before School Care: $15 flat fee per day, per child.
- After School Care (permanent bookings): $20 per day for the first child/ $15 per day for the second child/ $10 per day for the third child.
- After School Care (casual bookings): $25 per day for the first child/ $20 per day for the second child/ $15 per day for the third child.
- Vacation Care: $86 per day.
- After School Care Late Collection Fees: Administration fee of $20 per family + $1 per minute, per child. This will be calculated according to the sign-out time in the SmartFees digital attendance record and will be charged as a separate fee in your account. Child Care Subsidy cannot be claimed for late collection fees.
Child Care Subsidy
- Families may be eligible for the Australian Government’s Child Care Subsidy for children enrolled in OSHC or Vacation Care. Each parent is responsible for following procedures set by the Commonwealth Family Assistance Office for applying and/ or varying the Child Care Subsidy.
- Further information can be obtained through the Family Assistance Office on 136 150 or the following website www.humanservices.gov.au/individuals/services/centrelink/child-care-subsidy
OSHC Contact Details
- Mobile number for OSHC (after-school-hours only) is 0435 653 928.
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org