I am excited to welcome all of our community back to another school year at Cedars and to also welcome many new families and staff to our College community in 2021.
I hope that over the term break, despite the COVID restrictions, you were able to find time to celebrate Christmas, have a break from the routines of term time, and prepare for a positive and productive year ahead.
We have been busy preparing for our students’ return to school at Cedars and I want to let you know some important information before our students arrive back on the Thursday 28 January.
Over the break and throughout 2021 there will be some physical changes around the College. In preparation for the Resource Centre Building Project scheduled to begin mid to late Term 1 we have added two new classrooms in the Junior School Undercroft and have fitted out our current Library to create three additional learning spaces which will be utilised throughout 2021 and beyond.
Staff will communicate instructions for students as to how to move around the College while building works are underway. We are very excited about this new building – please have a look HERE to see our architect’s 3D drawings of this amazing building.
As always, I encourage you to refer to current health orders and regulations and we will give regular updates when these affect the school and school operations. Here’s information our families need to know for the start of 2021:
- There is no requirement to wear face masks at school but staff and students may wear their own mask if they choose.
- Adults and children over the age of 12 must comply with the current public health orders regarding masks as they travel to and from school on any public transport.
- Parents are allowed on site to drop young/new students to the College in the first couple of weeks for K – Year 2 and Year 7, plus new students.
- Bell times will revert to the pre-COVID Schedule. Ie 3:00pm for Junior School (including Kindergarten and Year 1) and 3:20pm for Middle School and Senior College.
- Drop off and pick up for Kindergarten students (and siblings) is via the Junior School gate.
- The Uniform Shop is open by appointment only. To make an appointment click HERE. Additional appointment times have been added for Monday 25 January.
- The Swimming Carnival will go ahead for competitors only. Information regarding this is on C-Hub.
- COVID safe plans are being arranged to allow for our ‘Meet the Teacher Day’ to be held in a modified format on Wednesday 27 January. Separate information on this is on C-Hub.
- Camps will continue as planned with slight adjustments and information will come out to families in a few weeks’ time.
- The location of the Canteen has been moved temporarily to the CLC Kitchen with lunch orders delivered to classrooms for Prep to Year 4. The new process regarding ordering and a menu can be accessed on our website HERE. The Canteen will be open each day starting the first day of Term 1 from 8.10am – 2.00pm and will include breakfast.
I hope this information helps as you prepare for the first few days of school. We will continue to update you with any changes as they come to hand.
I am so looking forward to seeing everyone back next week for another productive and positive and exciting year at Cedars.