Work with Us
Cedars is dedicated to attracting and retaining motivated and talented people to teach, support, care for and lead our students on their educational journey.
Cedars believes that our staff, both teaching and non-teaching, are the greatest resource we have to help meet educational, social and spiritual outcomes for our students. As such, we are committed to investing in professional development for all staff to keep them abreast of the latest techniques and research in effective practice. We expect all staff to be active learners themselves and to model learning to our students. Staff at Cedars must also be Christians who are active in their local church.
All positions vacant are advertised on the Cedars website as well as other mediums, including the Christian Schools Australia website.
CURRENT EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITIES AT CEDARS:
MUSIC TEACHER – Temporary Full-Time (Term 2-4, 2018)
A full-time position exists for an experienced and innovative Music Teacher with the ability to teach specialist lessons to Primary and Secondary aged students. This role requires:
- commitment to fostering all students’ talent, desire and passion for music
- a thorough knowledge of current pedagogy and music practices
- ability to teach Primary and Secondary music up to Music 1 HSC
- ability to conduct ensembles with a specialisation in choir and/or vocal groups
- ability to develop a strong rapport with students, parents and staff
- excellence in classroom professional practice
- enthusiasm in their involvement in the co-curricular life of the College
APPLICATIONS CLOSE Friday 4 May 2018
An Employment Application Form must be submitted with each application.
To apply, please email your completed Employment Application Form and all supporting documentation to:
The Principal, Mr Steve Walton – email@example.com
Applicants must be committed Christians, active in their own church and are also required to provide a Working with Children Check (WWCC) Number.
WORKING WITH CHILDREN CHECKS:
All successful new applicants (teaching and non-teaching) are required to provide a Working with Children Check (WWCC) Number prior to employment. Please click here for information regarding procedure to apply for WWCC Number.